The official website of the Northshore Tea Party, the official Tea Party organization of St. Tammany, Washington and Tangipahoa Parishes in Southeast Louisiana.

Forums

Forum Home > All the President's Czars > Regulatory Czar - Cass Sunstein

northshoreteaparty
Site Owner

As Administrator of the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, or Regulatory Czar, Cass Sunstein is responsible for reviewing draft regulations and assessing their costs and benefits.

Although Sunstein cannot create laws, he can modify existing laws and regulations through small changes. President Obama has also said, "Cass is not only a valued advisor, he is a dear friend."

Question: Should a person with the ear of the President and the power to modify regulations believe:

a). Animals should be able to bring suit against humans in a court of law, and we do not even have the right to rid our homes of rats if it can be proven that they have feelings.

b). The U.S. should ban hunting and put restrictions on the eating of meat.

c). Individuals do not have the right to bear arms.

d). People are too stupid to make decisions for themselves. They need more intelligent people in power to "nudge" them into making the correct decisions in their lives. 

e)  We should follow the Complete Lives System.

Cass Sunstein has been quoted as saying “I urge that the government should indeed focus on life years rather than lives. A program that saves young people produces more welfare than one that saves old people.”

These points of view have been expressed by Cass Sunstein in his 2004 book, "Animal Rights," a 2007 speech at Harvard, and his books "Radicals in Robes" and "Nudge." 

September 2, 2009 at 5:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

northshoreteaparty
Site Owner

Senator Landrieu voted for confirmation of Cass Sunstein.

Senator Vitter voted against confirmation.

All of Landrieu's offices were closed Thursday September 10 - Friday September 11, 2009 for an office retreat. They will be open again on Monday, September 14, 2009.

September 10, 2009 at 6:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

northshoreteaparty
Site Owner

I tried to call Senator Mary Landrieu D-LA last week to find out how she voted for Cass Sunstein. Her offices (all of them) were closed Thursday and Friday for an office retreat. I had to call Senator David Vitter R-LA to find out she voted for Sunstein. So, I waited until Monday, September 14th to call her offices again and get an explaination of how she could vote for him. I asked her office how she could vote for someone who is against the 2nd Amendment, believes hunting and eating meat should be banned, and thinks rats should be able to sue us in court. Their answer was that Sen. Landrieu does not agree that Sunstein thinks those things. That he supports an individual's right to bear arms, and doesn't believe animals should be able to sue us in court. I was shocked they would lie so blatantly. My response, "How can you say that? I have quotes from him. He's said those points of view in his books. He's on record as saying those things." The person I spoke to was a little surprised at my response and just said she would pass my comments on to the Senator. I warned her, that I know a lot of people who are against this confirmation, that I am a part of the tea party movement, the Northshore Tea Party Group, Baton Rouge Tea Party Group, Greater New Orleans Tea Party, Northshore 912 and GOOOH Louisiana, and we are not happy with her vote.

-If you agree, please call her office. You can get the phone numbers on congress.org. Just type in your zip code and click on Landrieu. She closed her offices last week to avoid our responses. Don't let her get away with it.

--

September 14, 2009 at 11:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.